Search This Blog

Friday 18 April 2014

Clear fancy accordion books and shoes quote card...

Hi all, this acetate card was inspired by one I saw on Karen Burniston's blog recently.

 



I had a little bit of a glue crisis and the design team ladies from Karens challenge blog really helped.
They advised me to stick my card stock to some wide double sided tape before running it through the big shot with the flourish edging die. Thanks guys:)
The other part of my glue crisis was that I used a clear runny glue to stick the happy birthday on but because I'd been using glitter, the words became 'gunked' up with glitter. :(. The words dies I use can be found on Elizabeth craft designs online store if you click on any of the first three pictures links belong it will take you there.

So that this card was not relegated to the rubbish pile I simply cut out another happy birthday and stuck it over the top of the original words using a quickie glue pen.

I found trying to capture the sparkliness of the shoes on this card very hard especially as I seemed to be playing cat and mouse with the sun this week, but I finally managed it today:). To achieves the sparkliness I copies Els YouTube video in which she shows you how to the use double sided adhesive and microfine glitter that can be bought from Elizabeth craft designs online store. ( If you click on the links belong they will take you there.). I then coloured the shoe using my letraset promarkers.

 

 

Links to some of the products I used...

2 comments: