Search This Blog

Thursday 2 May 2013

Happy birthday Helen..

It's my crafty buddy's birthday today. I wanted to make a card that encompassed her craftiness. But found it difficult to pick just one as she has soooo/tooooo many!!!
I tried to create it with the ribbon reel challenge specifications in mind, I'm not sure if I achieved it but will enter it anyway.

I used Karen Burniston's 3-D zig zag card insert but folded the paper so it cut three pop up tabs not just two. Helen's favourite fabric designer is Tanya Whelan so I used some lookalike fabric with my 3/4 inch sizzix hexagon die. I love bunting and feel the need to put it in every card I make!
The bike is from a Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK with Stamps. I found the 'centimetre tape measure' ribbon on eBay and is actually to the correct scale. The book stamp is from the Gorjuss 'new heights' stamp set. The other stamps I used were freebies on various crafting magazines.







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen, lovely papers, and the doily is so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I saw it on Helen's blog and wanted to see if you had it posted here. I want to try your idea with the flagpole banners on the ZigZag - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it:) I felt a little under pressure to create something for Helen as she is just awesomeness personified!!

      Delete
  3. This is such an amazing card! Love that sweet banner and your pretty papers! Thanks for joining TRR!

    ReplyDelete